This policy applies to website visitors, current and potential students, alumni and any other user of services offered through our Sites, including any websites or mobile applications operated by or on their behalf.
This policy applies to both online and offline collection, storage, processing and transfer of Personal Information. However, certain Sites or services may be subject to additional privacy policies or privacy disclosures relating to the services provided on the Site(s) (collectively “Additional Policies“).
We collect various types of Information through our Sites and other websites where you can express interest in our services, through our mobile applications, via email, over the phone and in person where print materials and digital technology may be used to collect Information from you. Some Information is collected automatically through various web and Internet technologies, including Social Networking tools used by your University to foster communication and collaboration among members of our community. Other Information is collected when you provide it in response to an advertisement, a survey or a request for information; apply for admission or financial aid; register for classes; order educational or other products and services; set up a Social Network or other Site profile; or use one of our career resources, learning assessments or other interactive tools.
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with Information we collect about you.
We will not sell, rent or lease your Personal Information to others except as provided in this policy. We may collect, use and disclose Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To determine your admissibility and to register you for your selected educational programs
- To contact you regarding your status with the University
- To provide requested products and services
- To respond to your inquiries and provide customer support
- To administer promotions in which you have indicated an interest
- For our internal marketing purposes, which include, but are not limited to, sending you material about products, services, updates, etc. that we think may be of interest to you
- For fostering communication and collaboration among members of your University community through Social Networks
- For sharing with our Education Partners who may contact you with respect to their educational or other services
- For sharing with our Education Partners or Business Associates who are performing services on our behalf
- To analyze how Sites and services are being accessed and used
- For investigation of information security and information asset protection-related incidents
- To test, correct and improve our content, applications and services
- To develop new applications, products and services
- For Online Behavioral Advertising purposes
- To improve Site and service performance and delivery
- To prevent potentially illegal activities (including illegal downloading of copyrighted materials in accordance with our Copyright Infringement Policy)
- To investigate suspicious information that denotes illegal activity such as financial aid fraud
- To analyze academic and learning outcomes and preferences
- To analyze risk and business results
- To obtain payment for services that we provide to you
- To provide you with information concerning arrangements and other options for the repayment of funds loaned to you for your education
- To maintain educational and business records for reasonable periods
- To provide to Education Partners, Business Associates or Unrelated Entities in connection with the contemplated or actual reorganization, merger, acquisition, financing, securitization, insuring, sale or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets, including for the purposes of determining whether to proceed with such transaction or fulfilling any records or other reporting requirements to such parties. In the event of any actual reorganization, merger or acquisition, such Information may be transferred as part of the transaction to the acquirer
Your Rights and Choices
If you do not wish to receive marketing email communications or direct mail from us, you may express your choice where indicated on the applicable email or other communication, or unsubscribe.
If you do not wish to receive marketing telephone calls or mailings, you may express your choice to opt out by emailing the Office of Compliance.
Other Collection, Use and Disclosure
You may be able to opt out of our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information in other situations subject to applicable contractual, academic, legal or technical restrictions and reasonable notice. If you do not wish to receive marketing email communications or direct mail from us, you may express your choice where indicated on the applicable email or other communication, or unsubscribe.